Saturday, August 28, 2010

Turmoil Of The Night

I swear every time Friday rolls around I freak out. Mostly because it's the only time you're not worrying your head off thinking .. i just killed a mosquito. win. .. and recalling all the things you need to get done and in what order and by when. It's such a relief. This is the part where I tell you about what has been going on.


I had an economics assignment due on Friday by 9am in both hard copy and soft copy. Naturally I worked on it on Thursday after my last class of Accounting at 6pm till around 12.30am which is when I happily discarded my assignment into the assignment box. I walked home, took a shower and waited to fall asleep. I started reading till a point where my vision was getting blurry due to my extreme tiredness. At that point, I turned off the light and climbed back into bed where I was greeted by minutes upon minutes of staring at the ceiling in the darkness and thinking about things that I would only think about when I can't sleep. Torture. My own personal form of torture. I don't know why my mind does this to me.

Class starts late on Fridays. And by late, I mean 1pm. The schedule I was assigned is pretty sweet because with the exception of Wednesdays, my classes generally start after 11am. After class, I got excited by the prospect of going book hunting. Something I had done many times before with companions. Unfortunately, I always felt bad for making them wait around for me while I took my time browsing and running to other book shops. So today I went alone and I did very well! :D I bought 3 books today.

Books I bought:
1. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I have been meaning to buy this book and read it for quite awhile now. However, funds were tight and books are expensive. BUT I HAZ IT NAO!

2. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
It's a classic so I had to read it.

3. The Beach by Alex Garland
This one was sort of a last minute request from Jamie. She had read a copy of it which belonged to her friend and she wanted a copy and apparently it was a good book and that I should read it.

DROOL. I can't wait to start reading. I'm currently still on The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. Loving it. I haven't read a lot this year but I'm starting to get back into the swing of it. Most definitely a good thing! I guess you could say that buying books to me are like buying shoes are to an average girl. An average girl who gets a bit crazy when it comes to shoes and wants to own every pair of feet hating shoes that have ever been invented. Heh.


SO, questions for you guys! 1) What are you reading right now? or What books would you like to read? 2) What recommendations do you have for me? 3) What is your 'reading books' or 'buying shoes'?
Let me know down in the comments!

No photos today because I'm horrible and haven't been treating Frank fairly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

- My buying shoes IS buying shoes!
- Reading Super Freakonomics. It doesn't even feel like economics.